Plant dye paints, charcoal, wax resist and hapa zome - create your own original fabric designs using these four absorbing, ancient techniques using nature as your muse.
What’s in the kit?
- The perfect sized, drawstring bag to keep your New Natural Fabric Art Kit components safe. Made from natural jute hessian.
- Natural calico cotton banner, with two sewn edges, ready for decoration and display.
- 2 rectangular pieces of natural calico cotton, with a sewn edge for stick (flag pole) insertion, ready for decorating.
- Five mini-flags made from natural calico cotton, prepared and ready for some natural colour.
- A metre of natural twine for stringing up your bunting.
- A small tin of dried beetroot powder to provide natural red colouring.
- A small tin of dried turmeric powder to provide natural yellow colouring.
- A small tin of dried spinach powder to provide natural green colouring.
- Wide-tipped, wooden handled paintbrush for a paint-wash effect.
- Fine-tipped wooden handled paintbrush for use with your natural dye paints.
- A rubber and FSC wood mallet - the perfect tool for hapa zome work.
- A clear wax crayon to create amazing wax resist designs.
- Grind your charcoal to create your very own black pigment.
- Our New Natural Fabric Art Kit Guide for hints and tips on how to use your kit.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years due to long cords and small parts. Strangulation and choking hazards. Contains natural spices. Adult supervision required. Recommended for children aged 6+.